Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

to the dog park we went

Welcome to Pitbulls.org Forums Pit Bull Talk General Discussion to the dog park we went

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    southern_pit79
    Participant

i know a lot of you are against this, however her obedience classes are there and before they start i wanted her to get to know it so it wouldnt be too much stimulas. this is a beatiful members only, (visitors welcome for a fee and screening), 42 acre park with fields doggy play equiptment a fully wooded nature trail, and large lake for them to swim, and a huge sand mound. All breeds are welcome and one of the trainers owns bully breeds. For the most part Layla loved it!! she was afraid of the water at first but her desire to have the same fun as the other dogs made her get over it and once she swam it was all she wrote! then she wouldnt mind, like any kid that didnt want to get out of the pool. there was a small issue which came from my friends red nose. she wasnt agressive exactly, more of a bully. Sometimes they would rip and run like crazy then she would get agressive then stop. for the most part Lay just ignored her or responded as if to say okay enough. the one time that scared me a little, (but didnt stop me from getting right in there), was completely understandable. First my friends dog wanted so bad to play in the water but when it got too deep she got scared and bolted from the water. you could see she really wanted to, but just couldnt get over her fear as layla did. the other part was a husky that wouldnt leave my friends dog alone. he kept trying to mount her, and she is fixed. well she was trying to get away from him which was driving her further in the water. this pushed her right on top of Lay no way out going deeper in the water she freaked…. on Layla who at this point had had quite enough of her and really gave it to her just in show but it was still scary. i seperated them and my friend then took her dog to another part of the park. her dog was over it and began going back to where we came in to leave. after that Lay was fine but still a bit upset here and there she still had a great time and didnt want to leave. none of the other people were worried about her, said she was beautiful and, “so sweet you can just tell a sweet dog”. not sure if we will go again other than for classes but she did love it.

kendseycollins
    Participant

Lol.  They’re funny, just like kids.  Kaos almost got it from a prospective brother today.  He was sying hello and the other dog wanted NONE of it.  Kaos was very confused and pouted.

southern_pit79
    Participant

one of the reasons i wanted to take her is because she wants to play so bad with other dogs. if you coulf have seen her in action youd know. she loves being with other dogs, like a kid on a playground she was like, yas finally!!! when she is with other dogs is the happiest ive seen her, other than when i come home from work. this is the reason i want to get another pitty. she really is a different dog when she is with other dogs. she seems some how complete. and my friends red nose pit, she stayed at laylas side, you could tell when she got nervous she ran straight to layla, even though she was bullying her at times.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.