Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

Does anyone else read the dog articles from Examiner? Guess what dog topped bite list in Omaha

Welcome to Pitbulls.org Forums Human Talk Off-Topic Does anyone else read the dog articles from Examiner? Guess what dog topped bite list in Omaha

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    raisins mom
    Participant

It was a bad day at work for me today.  Unfortunately an irresponsible pitbull owner added to the stereotype that pitbulls are vicious and that owners are of low character.    As the officer stated one the pitbulls was so friendly and happy, just wagging away. But the other was “under the influence of the owner”  and was trained to be human aggressive.  Which meant animal control had to respond.  I wish I could say that it was an accident but unfortunately not.  He trained it to be aggressive toward humans.  Poor dog was too loyal.   Not a happy day for me. ( Just incase people are wondering, the friendly dog was not taken by animal control)

One of my coworkers uses every negative pitbull news highlight to say oneday your dog will turn on you too.  So today I was already in a “mood”.  So when I read this article imagine how excited (for lack of a better word) I am to have an article to quote next time I have to defend my dog (who she has never met). 

Ok sorry for the rant but wanted to get it out.  Read the link to the article below.  It only confirms what we are pushing everyday as breed ambassadors. Responsible ownership is key!

http://www.examiner.com/dogs-in-national/what-dog-topped-the-bite-list-omaha-2010?fb_comment=31108311

i luv my pitbull
    Participant

The dog stuff on “Examiner” is informative. Great site. 

southern_pit79
    Participant

Smart owner training the dog to be human agressive. The owner is human I assume. How does it make sense to train your dog to perhaps some day attack you? As someone said, owning a dog should be a revocable privleage. Maybe if they started putting owners like these down rather than the dog some of this would change! =)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.