Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

off of the counters

Welcome to Pitbulls.org Forums Pit Bull Talk Training off of the counters

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    rucadog81
    Participant

I would like advice on how to keep Ruca off the counters. Just last night she stole a pork chop in the 2 minutes it took me to use the restroom. Using a gate is not an option for my kitchen and she does not spook easily. Any suggestions?

rebeccajoshuaoshea
    Participant

Believe me, we have experienced everything from our dog stealing a steak in just a few minutes when we stepped outside, to him pulling down pans and eating up some of our kitchen utensils. the only thing we’ve been able to do is keep things out of his reach. So I hope, too, through your initial question, someone may be able to offer both of us some advice 🙂

rucadog81
    Participant

Yes I recently lost a 5lb jar of sugar and probably 10 spatulas and cooking spoons in the last couple months. Nothing is safe!!

kilo de pablo
    Participant

how do i put pics on my profile? ou help plz
    can y

matt
    Participant

suga bee and bam bam, your comments have been unpublished. Please do not post in all caps. This is a violation of the terms of the website, and it makes it hard for other people to read your comments.

josh84
    Participant

i have always used stern voice with positive reinforcment i left a plate of chicken on the counter and mysti jumped up to wacth the water run and never touched the chicken a pitbull is extremly hard headed you have to be the pack leader if not your gonna lose dont give up stay stern not mean and ALWAYS show POSITIVE reinforcement …treats praise ect… only treats when they listen tho

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.