Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

behavior of mother/daughter pittbulls

Welcome to Pitbulls.org Forums Pit Bull Talk General Discussion behavior of mother/daughter pittbulls

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    adpit
    Keymaster

We have 3 pittbulls. Rusty is our male and was the first one we welcomed to our home. Sascha came second because I just couldn’t resist her beautiful eyes. We decided to let Rusty and Sascha mate and she had 10 puppies with the 10th one not surviving. When #7 was born I instantly knew I wanted to keep her and we named her Sadie. They all got along great, playing and chasing each other around the house and doing what dogs do. A few weeks ago Sadie went into heat for the first time and for the first few days everything was fine and then all hell broke lose.

Sascha and Sadie got into a major fight and since then we have pretty much had to keep them apart. We have had a few more scuffles since then because my kids forget to shut the gate and they will instantly go after each other. What’s weird is they get along fine with each other through the gate by licking each other and so forth.

I don’t want to have to find Sadie a new home. I want to find a solution or try anything that I can to see if we can get them to be able to be in the same room again. I have read online some different training exercises that I’m going to try. I was wondering if anyone on here had any other ideas.

I know other people who have 2 female pittbulls in the same household (Sascha coming from one of these households) and they have very little problems. Am I doing something wrong?

Any and all input and advice is welcome.

Thank you

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.