Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

Bashing this site

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    southern_pit79
    Participant

Okay I have seen it several times recently and for the life of me I cannot understand it. Why do people join this site so they can put down the forum members and bash our breed. I don’t understand the thought process. Has your hatred of a dog you know nothing about boiled up so much that you must go seek out owners to attack them? What does that say about you? You attack our precious dogs, (yes my Layla is precious, kind, sweet, loving etc…), without knowing from personal knowledge anything about them, call us all stupid and yet you call our dogs vicious. Before you decide to do this, how bout taking a look in the mirror and then tell us who is vicious. You are doing much worse than my dog who loves every person she meets. I have only been a member for like 5 minutes and I am already tired of it. I love my dog she is wonderful and wins over everyone that she meets in exactly 3.2 seconds with the amount of love she pours over every person. She is such a great dog it makes me want to get another pit, I have become smitten with the breed. To call her vicious and to say she should be banned….. it baffles me. The level of ignorance these folks put out should be banned! I am finished with my venting session. When I get home I am going to give my PITBULL extra love!

masterson81
    Participant

Well said! If you want to bash pits, go make your own website. http://www.ignorantshmucks.com would be a good name for it…

Vanilla’s_Daddy
    Participant

I think it’s best to ignore them. as the saying goes “Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and it annoys the pig.”

kendseycollins
    Participant

Lmao!!!! I’ve never heard that!!!!! You just made my night.  After Mr. logicthinking01, in the “Are Pitbulls Dangerous,” forum, I was beginning to think stupidity was contagious!!!  Thanks for the smiles.  BTW, the three of us are hopeless.  🙂  We all posted replies to that thread, just like all three of us posted replies to the “IQ and Income of Pitbull Owners” thread.  I just think it’s sad that we can’t win for loosing.  These people come on our web site, trying to pick a fight, not to be educated.  If we say nothing, it’s taken as not having any good defense.  If we present our facts, we’re called misguided and ignorant.  If we jump on the person (who only wanted a fight in the first place,) we are called emotional irrationals.  The worst part is, I have the feeling that it wouldn’t matter how many forums, or totally different web sites we created to share the heartaches and joys of owning the worlds’ most lovingly stubborn breed, THEY WOULD FOLLOW US!!!!!  How’s that for being agressive?!

southern_pit79
    Participant

ha! i heart you kendseycollins i truely do. i was thiking the exact same thing earlier. i cannot help to sit on the floor and love on my pit, or roll on the floor with her when she is being silly, or play with her running around the atrium at midnight, (tonight) like a crazy person cause she is feeling frisky, or laying quietly as she wallers over me on the couch, or feeling like the worst person on the planet for leaving her home alone while i work extra long hours for the first time since i adopted her only to be greeted with such joy upon my return home for the erd time from work because i felt aweful not coming home to love her eventhough it wasted too much gas and too much tim and i would have been home early. yes that may have been the longest run on sentence ever uttered but i dont care. guess my iq is low tonight.

kendseycollins
    Participant

Oh, I know!! My husband is SHAMELESS when it comes to playing with and spoiling Kaos!!!  It cracks me up!!!  I’m not much better though, I totally hit the snooze button on my alarm this morning because Kaos opened one eye (his head was on my pillow and the blankets were covering his head) and blinked a couple times.  His expression was UNMISTAKEABLE, “Mom, 5 more minutes?!”  Lol.  What spoiled brats! 🙂  Guess that’s the way it should be though.  Ha ha.  I feel bad making Kaos do his “freeze” trick.  He sits there with the treat on his nose and just looks so pathetic waiting for it that I have to say go!

LemonZest
    Participant

I just joined this site, too, and let me tell you: pittlers are out of control! i’m on a ton of facebook pages promoting the breed, and got so tired of the crazy pittler antics. they’re so weird! why would you try so hard to ban such a perfect breed??? i don’t even own one right now and i would love, love, love, love, love to get a pit bull. but my parents (who hate pitbulls, by the way) wont let me get one. i’m surrounded by anti-pit propaganda everyday! *sigh* its a miracle i found pro-pit people on the internet or i would have spontaneously combusted! 🙂 

kendseycollins
    Participant

Lol.  Well, welcome aboard!!  We’re glad to have you.  My parents don’t like them much either.  My grandparents are HILLARIOUS though.  My grandmother used to be TERRIFIED of Kaos, she tried soooo hard to be brave.  Now when she comes over for dinner she uses him as a foot rest and feeds him table scraps (which is illegal in my house because he is absolutely NOT allowed to beg!!!)  Hang in there, someday you’ll get you a pit.  Just make sure you are settled enough to give one a forever home before you get one.  They are one of the most commonly rescued and one of the least often rehomed breeds, which means they are the ones sentenced to death row.  We didn’t get ours till we bought our own home and knew we could care for him properly.

southern_pit79
    Participant

Every morning it is a battle getting Layla out of bed so i can give her a morning walk in the yard, (leashed in my own yard because my fence isnt secure). I swear she is a 16 year old girl rather than a 3 year old dog. She looks at me, complains with her sighing, vocalizations that sound like, AAAWWWW!!!! and OOOOOOOOOOO! i have to talk to her a lot to get her to get up. Yesterday morning she just would not do it. i even went sat on the floor petted her and talked to her. normally she will get up then. Nothing doing. I am not going to drag her out of her bed… so i went to work. When i returned home just as happy as pie to see me. I rushed to the back door opened it to let her out because i knew she had to…. apparently she was more interested in sniffing for lizards then chasing imaginary ones, then laying in the sun than peeing. It took her another hour to go. She didnt go in the house either. She did the same thing this morning. I dont know whats up with her LOL kids i tell ya!  

Okiepitluvr
    Participant

You guys are AWESOME!  I watched our Jack Russell Terrorist make mean faces at our pit who had a bone he wanted.  The pit walked over, dropped the bone in front of him, kissed him on the nose & walked off….truly a vicious animal who shouldn’t be trusted! (for you pit bashers I am being sarcastic!)  

Blaming all pits for what a few stupid people have trained some pits to do is ridiculous!  Pits were called the “nanny dogs” before the idiotic hoodlums of the world decided to abuse them and FORCE them to fight.  

Saw a PETA article recently commenting that “nice people don’t want Pits.”  Hmmm.  I’ve been 10 years in law enforcement, my husband & I volunteer for a local shelter, and have a foster dog on top of our own pets…what constitutes nice these days?  

I’ll close w/a quote from a shirt someone got me…”I love dogs, it’s HUMANS that annoy me!”

lauragardner
    Participant

Hey my sister got a pit but just didn’t have the time for him. She is dropping him off with me and my husband and any advice would be greatly appreciated. And also i have heard if i don’t have a licence and take him to the vets they Will put him down
    please help guys
    x

kendseycollins
    Participant

I’ve never heard anything like that, but I live in Wyoming where BSL doesn’t exist, so you would just have to call your local animal control to find out.  As far as advice, don’t let him get away with naughty things and enjoy him to the fullest, but be prepared to deal with some agression, from other humans!!  Specific problems probably will arise, as they do with all animals, but there are a lot of helpful people on this site who will be more willing to offer tips and advice.  Good luck and hope everything goes well!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.