Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

Ball Obsessed

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    AHealey79
    Participant

My Samson is absolutely ball obsessed. From the time he wakes up in the morning until the time he goes to sleep his mind is completely on his ball. So much so that when he is laying with me in the morning as soon as I roll over he jumps up and runs to where the ball is kept and starts grunting with excitement. It is by far his biggest stimuli and it does work well when I am trying to train him. He will do ANYTHING for that ball….I can be in a park with a million other dogs and as long as him and I are playing with his ball, NO other dog or person exists. Doesn’t seem like much of a problem but I feel that it is becoming more of an issue. When certain people come over the house he relates them to playing with his ball and starts crying and barking at them until they play with him and the ball. He has totally lost interest in every other toy he has, also he used to be a heavy chewer but now if he doesn’t have his ball he has no interest in anything else. This may sound crazy, but it’s almost as though when he does not have his ball or we are taking a “break” from the ball for a few hours he gets depressed. He kind of just mopes around and sleeps. He even stares up at the are where his ball is kept. He isn’t posessive of it, he doesn’t growl or get aggressive if you take it off of him. You can pull it out of his mouth, he may try to hold on to it and you have to tug a little bit but he does not get angry. The only other thing he does is if you stop playing with him he will run up to you and hump you. I feel bad for the poor guy but I feel like this has to get under control. Am I over reacting or can this become a problem if it’s not already? Can anyone else relate or have any tips to try and get this ball addiction under control?? Thanks!!!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.