Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

Allergies

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    i luv my pitbull
    Participant

Hi Missy. I give my pitbull Herman “Taste of the Wild” brand food. It comes in several different flavors & is grain-free. Without knowing your dog, I can’t say this is the answer, but it has helped Herman alot. People food is an issue with my dog also, so that may be a problem as well. Hope this helps.

missy
    Participant

Thanks everyone  for the info.

i luv my pitbull
    Participant

Herman licks his paws also. I have tried “Gold Seal Sea Meal” powder with his food and it helped a little. Contacting your vet is a must in my opinion. I was lucky enough to find a local vet that owns a pit-mix himself, and has a great deal of expertise in bullys. Habitual chewing can sometimes lead to infections, your vet could tell if that was the case. I feel you on the $$$ thing. My pockets are not deep either. The costs can be scary. I wish you the best.

i luv my pitbull
    Participant

Bummer about all the stuff you’ve tried that has’nt worked. I hope you find something that does. You have obviously tried everything I can think of. I have empathy for you & your dog, as we share the same paw licking problem.

chary0803
    Participant

my puppy is 7months old.He has some bald spots with lumps in them, hes always itching. Is this allergies?

Tink316
    Participant

I have read on the allergies comment’s, I have 3 Pit Bull’s they are all on Taste of the Wild Veneson because of it being grain free. We have kept them away from chicken products since their allergies are very bad, however they are still getting really bad allergies, really red under their stomach, between their paws, biting their paws, also lumps around the body and scratching bad. I have taken them to the vet, they gave them antibiotics, prednasone, and a shampoo but nothing is working. I have exausted the benadryl that doesn’t work either.

What Else can I do? It kill’s me to see them tearing themselv’s scratching and biting. Can anybody help Me???

Desperate

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.