Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

Aggressive Puppy

Welcome to Pitbulls.org Forums Pit Bull Talk Training Aggressive Puppy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    DownwardDogchic
    Participant

I have a 3 month old pit mix who tends to latch-on to me (my clothes, shoes, whatever) and growl–often. I want to believe that my puppy just doesn’t know right from wrong yet and this can be corrected but what if that’s not the case? How do I tell the difference? Hershey’s my first dog ever. I’ve always had cats, a ferret, a rat (I know)…basically, I’m an animal person so I’m not overreacting, at least I don’t think I am.

Just a bit of background: His mom was a rescue and Hershey was 1 of 4 in the litter. Hershey’s mom’s original owner was arrested though I don’t know what for and that’s how the mom ended up in the rescue. He’s very smart & alert & opinionated (& stubborn)–all things that I can deal with but the biting & growling are the biggest issues for me. 

Any thoughts?

geesspots
    Participant

the first thing to you need to understand is this is how dog ( puppies) play you just need to correct the behavior consitantly.  My pitty was very simmular when we first got him @ 4-6 months we satrted by correcting this mouth play with a grasp to the top of the neck/head just firm enought to provided pressure not hard enought to hurt this simulates what another dog would do to let him know that thats enought.  it may take time but it is worth it in the long run.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.