Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

Advice on aggressive negleted pitty *adopting him Sunday*

Welcome to Pitbulls.org Forums Pit Bull Talk General Discussion Advice on aggressive negleted pitty *adopting him Sunday*

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ashley
    Participant

Hi,

Hi,
    I am seeking advice on a troubled pitty. He is 3 yrs old and has been negleted most of his life. He lives outside full time on a heavy chain, he is not socialized at all and if he doesn’t know you he doesn’t like you.

It’s really sad his owners ‘are moving and don’t want him anymore’ (their exact words). My husband built him a ‘triple re-inforced run’ in the backyard and we plan on getting him this weekend.

I think he will like it we got him a heated dog house/ shed (it’s really a shed with a couch, heater, radio, ect. lol)
    We also bought him tons of toys and treats to try to win him over with.

I need advice on how to socialize him with people and other animals.
    He is a beautiful dog and is very loving and loyal to his current owners. All we want is to give hime a chance at a life he has never had.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I can provide more info on his ‘personality disorders’ if needed (lol I think he’s bi-polar)

We will not put him down if we can’t help him. He is secure and we do not have any neighbors to worry about.
    Thanks

SinfulVixen
    Participant

Congrats on this major undertaking. You seem to understand the road ahead with your new companion wont be an easy one but it is definitely do-able with time and patience.

If I were you I’d get as much info as possible about his background. Anything that can help you with how to train him so that he adjust with your family. Is he aggressive towards people in general or stand- offish? Is he trained at all (sit, stay come ect)?

My family had rescued a shar pei who seemed to have spent most her days in a kennel. She was severely under weight and scared to death of people.We are almost sure she was beaten around, seeing how she’d bolt from sudden movements.Now she is much better with now real issues (she is still a bit skittish and wary of strangers)

It’s really case by case. My suggestion would be to take it slow and if possible provide more info here so people may be able to help 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.