Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

4 week old pup

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Timsgirl6310
    Participant

Hey I am Kristin. I just got a 4 week old pup. His name is Tazer. Considered Nitro or Melinko but I think Tazer fits best. lol

Hey I am Kristin. I just got a 4 week old pup. His name is Tazer. Considered Nitro or Melinko but I think Tazer fits best. lol

Anyways I was wondering if anyone else has gotten their pup this young? his momma stopped making milk so I got him 4 weeks early.

My bfs finishing up his 9 mo in jail and this little guy is my only comfort, other than my daughter, and I want to make sure hes happy and healthy. Never had a pup this little lol.

Any suggestions?

licketyb00
    Participant

Hi Kristin..Wow, 4 weeks, that is seriously young to be separated from mama and his litter-mates. The 8-10 week rule isn’t just because of nursing. During this time, there is important social interaction that takes place within the mini pack and between litter-mates.
    I would strongly suggest milk replacement if you aren’t using it already..He still needs the easily broken down nutrients of milk. NOT and never cows milk though. You can find replacement milk at any petco, persmart, walmart, or local pet shop or, veterinarian. You can use a regular baby bottle as well with a premie/newborn size clear nipple. Good luck and congrats.

Lustuoso
    Participant

hi, im going true the same situation as you but my female pit.stop feeding them they are 1month old and they already feed on theyre own but i always give them some pupp. milk to help them out.actually theres people that already whants to buy them from me.will see what happens

leannteresa
    Participant

Hi, I was in the same situation. I got my pup at 4 almost 5 weeks and the breeder said they were feeding on their own which they were with regular puppy chow. There was an open-house at a Vet that I was looking into and the one thing they recommended was Hill’s Science Diet for puppies, but before feeding him we were advised to soak it in luke warm water and completly soften it. It seemed to work fine. But the vet never said anything about milk. I would think it would be a good idea to give him some milk. Also make sure he is socialized. We were luck because my boyfriends sister got his brother so when we first got them they were always together. We try to get them to see each other every couple of days, which helps.
    Also we tried crating him when we first got him next to our bed and he would wake us up with the crying. I ask my vet and she said it is fine for him to sleep in the bed, just be extremly careful and make sure there are puppy pads EVERYWHERE lol. But I would never ask for anything differnt he is going to grow up so quickly!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.