Want to participate in the forum? Sign Up or Sign In here.
RegisterLogin

Sign In

2nd pups?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ruffimapup
    Participant

i have a 3yr old pit, lab, chow, shepard mix from a rescue in detroit. we are thinking of getting another pup. Ruff Im A Pup is a fixed male and well behaved. would i be better off getting a male or female companion with him?

ruffimapup
    Participant

well we went to a shelter and were gonna rescue another pit/lab mix
    hes gonna be sweet!

ruffimapup
    Participant

well the animal welfare society in madison heights turn me down for a lab/pit mix

they said because i life in detroit i cannot own a pit mix because they have rules. which infact they dont have rules. and if they did have rules against owing this breed it would violate state law and constitutional rights.

i was also told that “it would be a problem” that i dont have a fenced in back yard. but when i got there to pick up the pup it was an issue.

i have adopted/rescued pits in detroit and never have had any problems from anyone

guess they arent really for the cause of helping the animals. would recommend supporting this organization

amberc922
    Participant

Wow I would report that! That’s crazy. I know when I
    Adopted Ace which he’s a full pit from my local humane society they had to do a meet and greet with my other dogs and I had to show proof of insurance coverage and have a home evaluation before he could come home with me. I live in Ohio and we have BSL here and yes it truley violates constiutional rights and they are trying to fix that now but it sucks. I did everything to make sure I could get him and I did. What they did was wrong I would report them if you could.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.